Friday, October 31, 2014
If you have an Equestria Girl fan in the house you won't want to miss this deal! Many of the Equestria Dolls are under $10.
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Collection Rarity Doll $9.88
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Collection Pinkie Pie Doll $9.88
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Collection Rainbow Dash Doll $9.88
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Collection Fluttershy Doll $9.88
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash Doll - Rainbow Rocks $9.99
Thursday, October 30, 2014
If you have a Skylanders fan if your house you won't want to miss these deals. I haven't seen prices this low in a really long time.Your shipping will be free if you have Amazon Prime.
Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack - Xbox One - $18.50
Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack - Nintendo Wii - $29.99
Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack - Xbox 360 - $29.99
Skylanders SWAP Force: Blizzard Chill Series 2 Character $5
Skylanders SWAP Force: Smolderdash Character $5
Thanks for the heads up Surviving a Teacher's Salary
I talk to you all the time about the amazing things you can do to stretch your money further. What about a list of things not to do? I thought it would be fun to give you five well known pitfalls for any budget.
5 Things that don't Save you Money
5 Things that don't Save you Money
- Shop at stores all over the county on the same day. - Great deals are fantastic. I love the thrill of getting a great price on something we need. I don't believe in driving all over the county to get it though. Not only do you waste time, you waste gas and mileage on your vehicle. Sometimes weighing the savings on that item versus the cost of gas will help you decide to stay home.
- Refuse to meal plan - You will spend a lot more on food when you walk into a store and buy what sounds good. If you take the time to write out a meal plan (even it if is a weekly one) you are bound to save a lot on groceries. There are many online meal planning sites that will do the meal planning work for you. I will be doing a post on meal planning soon if you need help making it work.
- Refuse to barter - Sometimes the best way to save money is to trade something you can do with someone who can help you with something. We have saved a lot of money by trading for help around the home or with babysitting. Figure out your strengths and start bartering.
- Buy all the latest stuff right when it comes out - One of the biggest budget busters is the constant need to have all of the newest items when they first release. Wait a few months and that item will cost less. Also, many of the new release kinks will be worked out so you are likely to get a higher quality product.
- Live beyond your means - This will be different for everyone. If you want the quickest way to stress yourself and your wallet live beyond your means. Things like overdraft fees, late fees, credit card payments, interest payments, and so on are huge money suckers. By choosing to live on what you have your money will go further.
*Bonus thing that won't save you money-
- Refuse to budget - If you refuse to budget you are more likely to struggle. If you don't know where your money is going, it will be gone before you know. Spend your money on paper before you ever spend it in the store.
Have you fallen prey to any of these? Are there some I have missed? Leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
The first thing you need to figure out when planning your trip is when exactly do you want to go on your vacation. Now this sounds like a basic question or statement but this is another example of how a little bit planning can go a long way. Here are some things to consider when figuring out when you want to come to the parks:
1. How crowded will it be?- This is typically one of the top concerns with any tourist coming to the Central Florida area. Much like last week post there are multiple websites that can help you to sort of figure out how busy the parks will be at different times of the year. Here are a couple you can check out: Orlando informer, Undercover Tourist, and Easy WDW. Now please remember these tools are not flawless but can serve as a pretty good tool in the early stages of your planning.
2. What will the weather be like?- For a lot of vacationers this can be a very key element in your planning process. For our household as much as possible we prefer to stay away from the parks in July and August. Personally though, I do not mind the Florida heat all that much. The bulk of my family does not share the same sentiment. There are other variables that may come into play such as Florida's rainy season, Hurricane season and even Florida's lack of winter. Most of these issues typically have an easy solution or way to navigate around them but being aware of what one can roughly expect with the weather can go a long way in maximizing your vacation.
3. What seasonal activities are in the park?- Depending on the time of year you travel to the Central Florida area many of the parks have a variety of activities that correspond with each of the years seasons. For example right now during the Halloween season Legoland Florida and Sea World Orlando offer special festivities that are included with standard park admission. Also certain events like Disney's Holly Wood Studios, ''Star Wars Weekends'' provide a unique park experience that may affect when you decide to take your trip.
What do you think about before booking your trip?
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Introducing my Co-hosts!
There are some great co-hosts for the Geeky Educational Link Up. You can find out a bit more about each co-host by clicking here. I highly recommend checking out their blogs each week as they will have different favorites than I will. Some of these blogs also post some great geek projects and Science projects! You never know. You might be highlighted on their blog.
My Favorite Post from last week
Fran's World of discovery shares a great post packed with resources. If you are interested in studying why the leaves turn colors in Fall you won't want to miss her post. You can find it HERE.
Planet Smarty linked up a great post about teaching your children about inventions and inventors. You won't want to miss it. You can find that post Here!
Come share your week! I can't wait see, share, and pin all of them!