This past weekend we had the opportunity to check out the Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas Attic. To say that we were blown away is an understatement. We knew some about the Trans Siberian Orchestra and loved their music. We even took some time on Youtube to prepare for what was to come. However, there isn't a video out there to prepare you for the awesome show you will experience by checking out Christmas attic.
What is it about?
The story starts with a young girl in an attic. As she explores she finds many memories of Christmas past. Her goal is to figure out whether she can still believe in Christmas.
- Varying Music Styles - You will find a huge combination of classical Christmas songs, blues styled music, rock, and many of the songs combine all of these together to make Trans Siberian Orchestra's unique sound.
- Incredible lighting - This may seem small to mention but it is not. The lighting was so impressive to me. There was a combination of traditional lighting and lasers. Be aware if you are sensitive to strobes or flashing lights that this probably isn't the show for you.
- Jaw Dropping Vocals - The vocalists blew me away! This is one of the rare occasions where the live performance is better than the cd. Not only could they sing these amazing songs but they made it look effortless. Ignore American Idol. Skip the Voice. If you want to hear a really powerful vocal performance you need to go to Trans Siberian Orchestra!
- A long concert - This is one circumstance where you really do get your money's worth out of the show. It was 2 1/2 hours long without an intermission and they were still playing when we had to leave at the ending time. The part that really amazed us is that they were going to perform and second show in under an hour!
- Unbelievable Instrumentalists! - The things these artists did on the violin, guitars, keyboards, and drums were hard to wrap my mind around. I still can't figure out how the violinists were able to head bang and play at the same time! Unreal!
Where can I see it?
Are you itching to see the show? You can find all the tour dates on the Trans Siberian Orchestra Website.