What you will need:
- Wooden Box
- Paint - Make sure to use Acrylic. It really does a great job.
- Lego Plates or flat pieces - The amount you need will really depend on the measurement of the box you use.
- Paint - I used acrylic paint and find it to be the best type for projects like this.
- Mod Podge - This is a must for this project.
- Kragl (Aka Krazy Glue) - If you have seen The Lego Movie you get that. If not, well.. Everything is Awesome.
- Paint Brush - I recommend a large one and a smaller one.
- 4 Duplos
What to do:
- Start by removing all stickers and hardware from your box. - You won't need these there. You can go a step further and sand it down but mine did not need it.
- Paint the box - Make sure to do at least 3 coats. Let them dry between coats.
- Fix any edges. - Sometimes the other color will bleed onto your borders. Make sure to fix those so your paint looks good when finished.
- Coat with Mod Podge - This will seal your paint and give you the shiny look.
- Lay out your pieces and glue them on to the bottom of the lid - This is not on the side with duplos. I highly recommend putting the glue on the wood and then sticking the Lego to it. Gluing the Lego doesn't end well for your fingers.
Are your remodeling a Lego room like we are? Check out a few other great ideas: